National Dental Hygiene Month
Dental Hygienists are a vital part of your oral health team.
Dental hygienists are responsible in aiding with the health of your gums and teeth. They are well educated health professionals, specializing in overall oral health.
Within the office dental hygienists are responsible for:
- Removing plaque and tartar build up from the teeth
- Taking dental radiographs
- Performing oral cancer screenings
- Measuring and evaluating gingival and periodontal disease
- Working with patients on preventative oral health care to avoid problematic oral health issues in the future.
- Educating patients about their and their families oral health
- Being health advocates
- Maintaining infection control standards
- Staying up to date on changing research
- Teaching patients how to effectively brush and floss
When you visit our dental office we pride ourselves in providing comprehensive care to our patients. Dental Hygienists are one part of the dental team that helps you to achieve optimal oral health.
Please take the time to say hello to the dental hygienists in the office this month! Aimee, Carm, Debbie, Heather, Monika, Nicole, Tina and Rosanna! We are all happy to help you achieve your oral health goals or answer any questions you may have!