Canada’s Food Guide
I am sure many of you know by now that The Government of Canada released their new food guide last week.
It is short, sweet and fairly easy to comprehend.
The new food guide has overall healthy recommendations of a balanced diet. The recommendations are:
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables
- Choose whole grains
- Eat protein but choose more often than not, plant based proteins
- Choose Water to drink
In order to keep your mouth healthy it is imperative to maintain a healthy diet.
Cavities and periodontal disease as well as other oral conditions can be caused or exacerbated by:
- Foods high in sugars
- Carbohydrates such as, crackers, bread, chips
- Juices, milk (high in sugar)
- Or deficiencies in vitamins
Below is the photo of the suggested food intake that health Canada released. The photo is great in helping to visualize what should be on our plates.
Canada’s Food Guide. <https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/>