Teenagers and Invisalign
Did you know that we offer Invisalign for teenagers as well?
The same popular Invisalign treatment that many adults get to straighten their teeth can also be used to straighten teenagers teeth.
If your teenager requires orthodontics we are happy to discuss both options with you. The dentist will assess the teen and discusses with both parents and teenager to decide what the compliance level and oral health would be like. In order for the Invisalgin to work the Invisalign Aligners must be worn 22-23 hours a day and only be taken out for eating, brushing and flossing. Take note insurance companies will often provided some orthodontics coverage to those under the age of 19 so it is important to consider this when investigating any treatment plan.
In order to be a successful candidate for Invisalign, teens must be:
- Interested in and have a desire to straighten their teeth
- Have Excellent Oral Health
Teenagers that would be better suited to traditional orthodontics:
- Less responsible teenagers
- Those that may not keep the aligners on their teeth most of the day
- Those with mediocre oral health (Although- this is something we all try to educate the patient on improving)
If you have further inquiries book a Burlington Invisalign consultation today. We would be happy to assess your teen for a straighter smile.