Valentine’s Day is less than a week away! Make it a little sweeter with this recipe from www.hersheys.com!
SKILL LEVEL: BEGINNER
- 3 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (750 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 1 pinch salt (pinch)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (7 mL)
1. Line 8- or 9-inch (20 or 23 cm) square pan with foil.
2. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
4. Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil; cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen pieces.
*For best results, do not double this recipe.